Application for Employment
EMPLOYMENT POSITION: Shipping & Receiving
- We are a retailer of motorcycle parts and accessories shipping merchandise all over the globe. We have an immediate opening for a shipping and receiving position. No prior experience required. Must be detail oriented, possess basic computer skills, have a great work ethic and be serious about doing a good job.
- Most outgoing packages weigh 10 lbs or less.
- Hours are expected to be 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
Exact hours will vary by daily volume of shipments. Heavy volume days may be 8:00 to 5:00 while slower days may only be 8:00 to 3:00.
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipment.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments.
- Compare identifying information and count, weigh, or measure items of outgoing shipment contents to verify information against invoices or orders.
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Insert items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Affix shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.